MWT FAQs :
(Click on the question below to get your answer)
- How much are tickets and how can I purchase tickets to a show?
- Are these assigned seats?
- What are the box office hours? How can I get a hold of the box office?
- What types of payment do you accept when purchasing tickets?
- What time should I arrive for my show?
- I’m routinely late. It’s just me. Will I be seated when I arrive?
- Where do I park when I attend a show at the Morgan-Wixson?
- I don’t have a car and like doing my part for the environment. Can I get to the theatre by bus?
- We want to grab a bite to eat before the show. Any restaurant suggestions?
- I need to get a hold of the theatre, but I get the recording. Why doesn’t someone answer the phone?
- Are refreshments sold at the theatre or do I need to bring my own?
- How do I know if a production is appropriate for children?
- Do you offer Season Tickets if I want to come to more than one show?
- Do you offer Group tickets if a group of us want to see a particular show?
- What shows are in your current season?
- How can I get on your mailing list, I’d love to be kept up to date on your season?
- I use a wheel chair to get around but can transfer to a seat, can the Morgan-Wixson store my wheelchair?
- Can I rent the theatre for an upcoming birthday party, club meeting, or the like?
- I want to produce my own show, can I rent the theatre for a show I would like to personally produce?
- How can I audition for the shows at the Morgan-Wixson?
- I love what the Morgan-Wixson does for the community and would love to Contribute. How can I make a donation to the theatre?
- What volunteer opportunities are available at the Morgan-Wixson?
- Can I volunteer to be an usher for the shows?
- What are the Geoffrey Awards?
- My son and daughter are interested in theatre, what opportunities are there for children’s theatre at the Morgan-Wixson?
- How did the Morgan-Wixson start and who is Morgan and Wixson?
- If this is a Theatre Guild, how can I become a member?
- Do you have a Board of Directors and who are they?
- My Aunt loves theatre and I thought this might make a great gift, do you have gift certificates available for purchase?
How much are tickets and how can I purchase tickets to a show?
Reserved seats for plays are just $23, ($20 for students/seniors). Reserved seats for musicals are $28 ($23 for students/seniors). Tickets can be purchased by calling our box office during regular box office hours or they can be purchased on-line 24 hours a day. Please click here for additional information on purchasing tickets and box office policies.
Are these assigned seats?
Yes. All seats for productions at the Morgan-Wixson are reserved at the time of purchase.Please click here to purchase tickets or get additional information box office policies. Click here to view a Seating Chart of our auditorium.
What are the box office hours? How can I get a hold of the box office?
The Box Office is open Wednesday through Saturday, from 4 p.m. – 7 p.m. You can reach the box office by calling (310) 828-7519. Messages may be left on the answering machine and will be returned during Box Office Hours. If you call and get VoiceMail during Box Office hours, we are helping another patron and will return your call before the end of the day. If you call after Box Office hours, we will return your call as soon as the Box Office reopens.
The Box Office closes one hour before show time to prepare for the performance, and re-opens 30 minutes prior to curtain for all Main Stage and Y.E.S. productions. Phone calls are usually not answered at this time.
If you call and go to VoiceMail, please understand that aside from the Box Office attendance, we are a non-profit theatre which relies on the generosity of our volunteers. We assure you, someone will return your call, and we appreciate your patience understanding. Please click here for additional information on box office hours and policies.
• What time should I arrive for my show?
We suggest you arrive at least twenty minutes in advance which will give you enough time to park, pick up tickets at the box office, enjoy your refreshments, and get settled in your seats. We do our best to start all shows on time.
• I’m routinely late. It’s just me. Will I be seated when I arrive?
Please plan accordingly. We will do what we can, but please note that latecomers will be seated at the discretion of the House Manager.
• Where do I park when I attend a show at the Morgan-Wixson?
Free parking is available at the Venice Family Clinic – 2509 Pico Boulevard. It’s within walking distance a block and a half from the theater. During the weekdays, it’s available anytime after 6:00pm. And on weekends it’s available anytime. We recommend that you park there at least 30 minutes prior to curtain for all Main Stage and Y.E.S. performances. Please click here for directions and additional parking information.
• I don’t have a car and like doing my part for the environment. Can I get to the theatre by bus?
The Santa Monica Big Blue Bus has a stop just a few steps from the Morgan-Wixson Theatre. Line number 7 (and the Rapid 7) have several trips each hour so there is no problem taking the bus to and from the theatre. For more information on bus schedules and to find routes to the theatre from your area, go to The Big Blue Bus web site by clicking here.
• We want to grab a bite to eat before the show. Any restaurant suggestions?
Local restaurants are abundant, and our box office staff would be happy to make recommendations to suit your palate and budget. Please click here for a list of restaurants in the area.
• I need to get a hold of the theatre, but I keep getting the recording. Why doesn’t someone answer the phone?
We rely on the generosity of our volunteers, but regrettably, there is not always someone available to answer phone calls. Calls are returned during Box Office hours. You are also welcome to contact us via email. Please click here to send us an email.
• Are refreshments sold at the theatre or do I need to bring my own?
Outside food and beverage is not allowed in the theatre. We offer an assortments of snacks and beverages before each show and during intermissions. These refreshments are available in the lobby for a minimum charge.
• How do I know if a production is appropriate for children?
Of course all of our Y.E.S. shows are appropriate for children ages 4 and above. With regards to our Main Stage productions, we do not recommend any Main Stage shows for children under 8 years of age. Additional age suggestions and restrictions (if any) are announced on the show page. Please click here to be directed to our current season page. From there, select the show you are interested in attending.
• Do you offer Season Tickets if I want to come to more than one show?
We offer a subscription to our season of five plays and musicals, which begins each September and runs through July. The cost for each subscription is just $80 ($75 Seniors – age 65 & over – and Students – under 18 or w/full-time ID-). Benefits include: Five shows for the price of four, one free ticket to Theatre Palisades with each subscription, and preferred reserve seating, and more. We also offer Flex Pass Subscriptions which saves you 20%. Please click here for more information on Season Tickets and Flex Pass Subscriptions.
• Do you offer Group tickets if a group of us want to see a particular show?
We do offer Group rates. Please click here for more information on Group Sales.
• What shows are in your current season?
Our Main Stage season consists of five plays and musicals which run from September through July. We also have five Y.E.S. shows and one youth musical, with performances on weekends. Please click here to see what our current Main Stage season has to offer. Or click here to see what our current Y.E.S. and Youth season.
• How can I get on your mailing list, I’d love to be kept up to date on your season?
You can keep in touch with The Morgan-Wixson Theatre in several ways. You may join our mailing list to receive production information via US Mail. You can also sign-up for our email list, and select which topic-specific lists you wish to receive. And of course, you can follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Please click here to connect with us.
• I use a wheel chair to get around but can transfer to a seat, can the Morgan-Wixson store my wheelchair during the performance?
Yes, we are happy to accommodate our patrons who have limited mobility. Patrons must have the ability to transfer to a seat, because we do not have dedicated area for wheelchairs, but we are happy to store chairs, walkers, canes and other apparatus during the show. Entrances, restrooms and the lobby are wheelchair accessible. Should you need special assistance, please see an usher who will be happy to help you.
• Can I rent the theatre for outside events and productions?
Yes!! Please click here for Theatre Rental Information.
• How can I audition for the shows at the Morgan-Wixson?
Auditions are usually held 8 – 10 weeks before the opening of a show. All auditions are open calls, with notices posted in BackStage West and on our website. Please click here for specific information about the next Main Stage audition. If no information is available, please check back soon. If you would like audition information about our Y.E.S and Youth Musical shows, please click here.
• I love what the Morgan-Wixson does for the community and would love to Contribute. How can I make a donation to the theatre?
The Santa Monica Theatre Guild, DBA as Morgan-Wixson Theatre, is a non-profit 501(c) tax-exempt organization and as such, your donation is tax deductible in accordance with the Internal Revenue Code, to the extent provided by law. Contributions may be made online or by sending a check, payable to the Morgan-Wixson Theatre, at 2627 Pico Boulevard, Santa Monica, CA 90405. Please click here to contribute to the Morgan-Wixson…..and thank you for supporting the arts, our community and our theatre!
• What volunteer opportunities are available at the Morgan-Wixson?
We rely on the generosity of our Volunteers. There are several volunteer opportunities and we are always thrilled to have the help. Everything from being an usher, to helping with set or costume construction, to marketing or joining as a member. Please click here for more information on Volunteer opportunities at the Morgan-Wixson.
• Can I volunteer to be an usher for the shows?
Three or four ushers are scheduled for each performance. Please click here to email the Box Office Manager and sign up to volunteer.
• What are the Geoffrey Awards?
The Geoffrey Awards are an annual event at Morgan-Wixson, held in December of each year. They are named in honor of Geoffrey Morgan, one of the founders of MWT, who also served as a Santa Monica City Council member. Each season, the actors in all Main Stage shows are considered and may be recognized for their performances. Voters are comprised of subscribers and Morgan-Wixson members, who each receive ballots with their tickets. The awards ceremony features musical numbers, the award ceremony, food, and drink. The Geoffrey Awards are open to members and the season’s casts.
• My son and daughter are interested in theatre, what opportunities are there for children’s theatre at the Morgan-Wixson?
The Morgan-Wixson’s Youth Education/Entertainment Series (Y.E.S.), was awarded the nation’s Outstanding New Children’s Theatre Company in 2008. Y.E.S. is part of the Morgan- Wixson Theatre’s commitment to engaging young audiences, training young talent, and supporting literacy. Participants range in age from 8-18. Please click here for more information about Y.E.S. at the Morgan-Wixson.
• How did the Morgan-Wixson start and who is Morgan and Wixson?
The Santa Monica Theatre Guild has been a source of entertainment, inspiration and education for residents of Santa Monica, the Westside and Los Angeles since 1946. The current building, opened in 1960, was named for Guild members Geoffrey Morgan (who led efforts to find the Guild a permanent building) and Mel Wixson, who were two of the Guild’s most loyal and hard-working members. Please click here for a complete history of the Morgan-Wixson Theatre, including photos.
• If this is a Theatre Guild, how can I become a member?
It’s very simple. You have the opportunity of being a part of the Santa Monica Theatre Guild at the Morgan-Wixson Theatre by paying small yearly dues. And in return are entitled to a single admission to each production, the right to vote at membership meetings (including electing the Board of Directors), a membership newsletter, and the right to cast ballots for our annual Geoffrey Award nominations. Members get to participate in the organizational life of the guild by helping on at least three productions, attending at least three membership meetings each year and working on one of the committees. For more information on being a part of this historic theatre, click here.
• Do you have a Board of Directors and who are they?
We do have a Board of Directors who are elected by the membership and serve a term of one year. Please click here to see who this year’s Morgan-Wixson Theatre Board of Directors are.
• My Aunt loves theatre and I thought this might make a great gift, do you have gift certificates available for purchase?
We do have Gift Certificates in the Box Office for theatre lovers of all ages. Please click here for additional information, from box office hours to purchasing Gift Certificates.